View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 06:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,176 Times in 806 Posts
So two posts above you agree to an EV being equivalent to mid 30mpg if changed from the standard 40% coal grid, then above you say it's like a Prius if 100% coal. So it gets better the more coal that is used? Still there is no way we can run an all electric or even say 30% electric fleet without radial changes to the whole grid and massive investments in new generating. Nuclear is the only thing that comes close to making sense and it ain't ever going to happen. Some of your information is sqewed science to try and achieve a certain goal or in a perfect world type idealism. Real science just is what it is. What ever happened to just pure science or evaluations without an agenda?
Don't get me wrong Jamesqf, I appreciate the info you provide, I'm not saying it's not true either. It's just there are studies to contradict so much of it. Then like with most things you have to assume the truth is somewhere in the middle. But then those with the agendas on both sides know this and kick up their game even more like we are in a negotiation with a Russian junk man. Sorry just venting.