View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 08:30 PM   #232 (permalink)
RP-CLMBR
EcoModding Lurker

Andrew J. Wow

Hi this is my first day on here and I have just finished reading all the threads since feb or so about your amazing progress I have a 88 crx hf recently purchased w/287000 miles and i want to try some of your mods very impressed with the mods my father (rip) did a fuel mod on a 81 toyota starlet rear wheel drive back in 1990 and with only mecanical mods and driving tecniqe we made a trip from east tx through the montains of north eastern ok
and back to tulsa and back through dal to livingston and he clocked 57.9 and when we got back mom had gotten 11.6 in my 84 chev 350 going to town and back a few times she had spent more on gas than we did for the whle trip some of his mods were ,larger alt. pully, cessna mixture controls on dash,
spring clips to hold open pads for front brakes, adjustable backpresure on staight pipe exhaust, no external mirrows,taller skinnier rear drive wheels and tires, any way when mom told us her milage while we were gone we both fell down laughing tell we cryed and when I got to your hi est milage thread you made me laugh, and I had a special tear in the corner of my eye, THANKS
KEEP UP THE GREAT PROGRESS, you guys are alot like my Dad was he was a mecanical engineer with patrolium opp,and he would talk right over my head and not miss a lick, but I can catch on to some of it, just slow on the math, ps I think that if you would detune your motor with leaner intake and reprogamed injector on times and higher btdc advanctimes you would be able to lean lug the engine at a more open trottle position that you are trying to achive with the wai basicly you are telling computer to lean the on times by creating a hot mat it would be more efficient to have a cooler intake temp and to tell the computer it is warmer by mat placement or mabe a 100 pt varriable block resisttor you can find one on any obsolite oscilliscope at many auto shops that thjey havent used in 15- 20yrs but you will need a exauhst temp in cock pit so as not to damage (burn) a valve, the map and the mass out of an integra might also help as they have the precious metal windings and more accurate but it will only take one reading per koer drive cycle and I saw you ran across that in one of your earlier threads so for long multi elivation trips you will have to "re-start" the computer must think you are starting a new trip after each meaning full ellevation change wow you kept me on the computer all day sorry I am a chatter box like a school girl the amount of time and effort that you have given this is asstonishng sorry for such a long response feel like I walked through the last six months in one days reading Great work be carefull out there, lol