View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 07:48 AM   #897 (permalink)
Astro
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thingstodo View Post
75kw rewind in a 132m frame - is there a typo there? My google search gives a 7.5 KW/10 hp motor, about 20 inches long, 165 lbs, 1800 rpm, 60 hz, in a D132M frame size.

I tried to shoe-horn a 30 HP, 575VAC 286T frame 3 phase AC direct drive into an S10. The motor weighs over 600 lbs. I was not successful
I think the 75kW may be peak not continuous.
On the Custom EV Performance web site it is called the "75kw AC induction EV motor".
75kw AC induction EV motor customevperformance.com
I think it weighs about 82 kilos (180lbs). Carrying it around is a bit of a task. The only "handles" are the front and rear shafts and they want to turn making it difficult to maintain a good grip. If i have to move it again i will see if i can weigh it.
Hopefully i will be getting a loan of my brother-in-laws engine crane (crane, lift, hoist, whatever they are called) in the next week or so which will mean i will not be lifting it manually again.
It will also be when the ICE engine is plucked out of the car never to burn petrol again. This will be the second time i have lifted an engine from a car. I learnt the first time that doing it by hand, even with a tiny 1.4litre engine, is not the best plan.
The Following User Says Thank You to Astro For This Useful Post:
thingstodo (08-16-2014)