View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 02:58 PM   #114 (permalink)
CargoBoatTails
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow View Post
yup... I did a metric $hit-ton of research before I swapped the 240SX to E85 in 2007... I had a healthy car with a healthy motor... I dropped in some 370CC injectors (from a Nissan SR20DET) and filled it up... its been running like a raped ape ever since... I put a wide-band O2 on it and had my Nissan ECU tweaking buddy in the passenger seat doing some real-time ECU monitering, he couldn't believe how "Stock" the fuel/timing maps looked. he leaned the ecu out a tad more than stock and I've been running it ever since.

I know higher compression is better for economy, but when I pull the 240 out, I'm not worried about Eco-driving... The built engine, with the individual throttle body injection and 11:1 CR on E85 should be a scream to drive in a light chassis.
Back in the day Jim Wolf use to do the ECU and cam for the 12v 240SX HB, which was basically Nissan's Truck motor with a lower CR than the 16v motors. We would just run bolt-ons including nitrous, because we could salvage low mileage motors from car-part.com for $500 all day

Funny thing about those cars was you could get a muscle car to follow you into a curve and only you would make it out lol. The came from the factory with 195/60/15s on steelies, but once you slapped on some 225/50/16s you would be pulling close to a g.