View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 10:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Hello Dave, welcome fellow Insighter

The site for modding is this one, for other Insight related data I recommend InsightCentral.net.

Mods I've done and that I can recommend are:
- Raising tire pressure to 42 / 40 PSI front/rear (but tire dependent, so do get a feel for your own best setting.

- Block the lower grill
- Get HIDs for low beams (the projector lenses have very little stray light and seem weak with the OEM halogens) and LEDs for city and license plate lights.
I've got LEDS too in the map, entry and boot lights. The 7 Watt LED grids for the latter two don't save me any fuel but are big fun and a huge convenience compared to the OEM glowpits.

I had the occasional warm brake which I cured with brake pad return springs.
The Insight has them already on the leading edge of the pads, mine has them on both sides now.
The transition from engine braking/regenereting to disk braking at about 10 mph seems more smooth since I got them.

I had the wheel alignment set to neutral, got Honda Green Oil and some tweeks left and right but cannot say that amounted to much.

Most of all the nut behind the steering wheel got adjusted; I seldom speed beyond 55 mph, almost always in the slow lane, usually at 2-3 seconds behind a rig or such.

But most of all, enjoy your car
Cheers, Bart

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 08-18-2014 at 10:26 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedDevil For This Useful Post:
dmt257 (08-18-2014), MetroMPG (08-18-2014)