View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 07:49 PM   #82 (permalink)
oil pan 4
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
It doesn't provide anything constructive and reflects badly on you.
The claim was made that I have no practice experience and that I don't leave my living room.
He started it, I finished it.

Quote:
Why don't you put down others on this forum who use nothing more than duct tape and cardboard to mod their cars? How about the pie tin and coroplast crowd? Are zip ties allowed?
I love those guys. They don't come on the aerodynamics forum with extraordinary and inconsistent claims.

Quote:
Are you capable of mirror TIG welding a back shielded stainless tube/plate joint that will be visibly, ultrasonically and occasionally X-ray inspected? If you can, I know a project engineer at Fermi Labs who has just fired the third guy who said he could do so.
Actually I don't tig weld and I have never tried it.
I have passed bend tests with fcaw, gmaw in flat, verticle and overhead and smaw in flat. I think that's decent since I have never been a full time weldor.
I have mig welded with titanium. Its a lot like welding stainless, but with more prep work.

Quote:
Pgfpro is doing both.
And he looks good doing it.

Quote:
a system that will reduce wasted energy upstream.
I just don't like how with a gasoline engine you are always fighting isobaric expansion. Your pumping losses at the throttle body are going to be around 2 horsepower on a small 2.0L 4cyl engine and there are lots of really complex ways to try and reduce this. Or you can go with a tiny sub 1L engine and run it wide open, but then you are limited to sub 1L power, okay for a car, not useful in other applications.
I would rather just eliminate the isobaric losses all together.