View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 10:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
charlesreekiejr@yahoo.com
EcoModding Lurker

So for the non believers i started a log 93 mile trip 8 of it city fillup on return . Ac on low both ways tires 42 rear 35 frts lbs. avg 60 mph used 4.64 gallons for this trip . When i bought this it was getting 16 hiway at best . Front axel developed bearing problem dealer fixed this nc. It went to 17 mpg as fact specs. That was with 300 lbs in back at least . Removed most all of it and changed driving habits of course that was a given. Still no noticed improvement. Bettered my driving put mobil 1 and saw 18 hiway steadily. As noted before this stumbled as most gms seem to. Orig plugs I believe, 55,554+ miles on this. This is my third vehicle with a K&N and each one showed increase in mpg, the other 2 not more than 2 mpg but definite increase in hp where it was unquestionable. This 2004 after installing this filter runs so much better and so quiet and no more stumble / misfire not as noticeable hp increase but mpgs have increased the readout substantiates the results ,this trip before would have been 3/8 a tank but no longer. This result is right at 25% improvement , no drafting either yes I know how much that can yeild. This gave me 20.04 mpg with the ac on low driving at 60 avg mph. That is impressive by any standard. Whatever plugs it has will go back in it when its time. I would like to increase front air dam( spoiler) put tires at 45 and try driving with the side mirrors in parked position. I had read long ago belly pan and wheel and side skirts gave an increase as well. So I will see what my logs show as This is far better than what I expected to get. Don't know how but it is what it is. I know for boats the use a super slick bottom paint that gains mph from reduced drag same principles as the streamlining some are doing. Dont know if doing all that work for a belley pan is worth the effort, anyone get any gain worthwhile? As I said before I dont care who believes it or not could care less Im not blowing my horn just was looking to see if anyone else got anything even compareable. And I would be mad too if I saw no increase in hp or mpg.