View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 12:13 AM   #957 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,597 Times in 7,080 Posts
Quote:
??? Buyer ???
I've got a line of credit at the last good VW shop in town, Rich's German Motorwerks. The 'buyer' is the son of the owner who works the front counter. I found out today that I was his first customer, about 30 years ago. In exchange he's getting the '61 VW panel van I've owned since 1978.

The instruction I left them with was pick one as good as the $650 one, at the $400 price.

I've worked in software development but I don't write code, so I'm trusting that you guys can deliver a suitable controller. I do have questions about the process. As it's an 'open' project, what licensing is it released under? Creative Commons?

Are you affiliated with any makers? For instance I searched on http://www.google.com/search?q=makerspace+Maricopa,+AZ and see there is a facility at ASU and at Maricopa High School.

As for regen, one of my driving postures is left hand on the wheel at six o'clock and right hand on the parking brake lever. Since I don't like a mushy brake pedal, but the parking brake has 6-7 clicks until it engages (max about 12 clicks) I would use that. And reverse the button so it's push to set. So basically three inputs.

Last edited by freebeard; 08-22-2014 at 12:21 AM..