View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 10:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
budomove
EcoModding Lurker

Ze Future Beam - '00 honda insight
90 day: 66.23 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RP-CLMBR View Post
thanks for the feed back you and svoboy are about the only ones to say hi or any thing,on here yea you would probably be beter off self insuring the book is probably what it cost to insure full coverage for 2 years , at least you have it to use now and my 88 crx hf is around the same wieght and I dont have any air bags just drive very awake and aware,thanks have a good week,

ps keep your eye out for a set of insight rims in good condition i am building some rear wheel skirts for my hf and they would look really neat, like a old school hybryd, have been thinking about a plug in drop down fith wheel also for when i get stuck in trafic somthing cheap like a 48 valt golf cart moter on a chain drive geared down just to go 15-25 mph in traffic. thanks, Paul
Paul, Yeah there is a guy on Insight-central.net who insured his insight for the current market value which is approximately double the blue book. His insurance company will allow the owner of the car to set the value, and you simply pay more per month, in order to receive what it would cost to replace it were to be totalled or get stolen. There is a great source for insight used parts, and there are some insight rims from 49-75 bucks, go to car-part.com They are 279.43 new from majestic honda i think. Not sure if Mike will let his plans go for his 5th wheel. http://www.99mpg.com/

Last edited by budomove; 07-15-2008 at 10:21 AM..