View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
dirtydave
Not bad for a machine

Maechunbu - Retired - '00 Kia Sephia 1.8I4 16VDOHC
Last 3: 45.28 mpg (US)

Slasher - '96 Chevy Corsica 2.2L 3speedauto
Duct Tape Aero Crew
Team Chevy
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)
We got great MPG's coming home from obx!

Me and my girl went down to the outer banks for a week and stayed in a rental house with some friends 6 of us total.

We took her 2009 2.5l 5 cyl 6 speed auto VW Jetta and loaded up the car early in the morning a lot of crap to take. I had one bag and another for towels and stuff. The girls brought everything that could have possibly fit. We had 3 people in the Jetta and my friend took his car with 3 people and he has a 2004 Saturn Ion. 4 cyl automatic. His car was just about as full as ours.

Headed down we fueled up the day before and had about 10 miles on the tank.

I drove the speed limit 55-70mph and this car does 2200rpms at 70 mph.
I tried to put it in neutral as much as possible and dwl but this is a heavy car and one I don't normally drive. Much to nice for my tastes I'd much rather have a POS to beat on. I tried to follow trucks or a big SUV or anything to cut down the headwind. It was a nice trip we got down to virginia and I found some good corn free 89 for 3.17 and got a good good 35MPG. The record for this car my girlfriends previous record was 30mpg or 31mpg.

So we make it down to buxton NC and had a great time heavy drinking some fishing a camp fire it was a great time I'm sad to be home and working yet again.

After 7 days and 40 miles of short trips around buxton and around town we headed north for home with a lot less in the car then before. Made it up to Grady nc and got some more corn free gas for 3.47. Back home with only a half tank burned.

I get home and the old Kia has some rain water on the floor and the old van has a coolant leak. Back to work we go.

The Following User Says Thank You to dirtydave For This Useful Post:
Joggernot (08-26-2014)