View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 01:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

The problem is the good was thrown out with the bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
Flagrant violations of the forum rules of conduct, Continued violations can get those violators banned. Debate, argue, voice your position forcefully. I think we all know the answer to the OPs question.

regards
Mech
pgfpro and others had excellent posts. Someone popped up with their own build that was well along to following Smokey's Hot Vapor engine on a Metro base. I would really like to have that continue.

The problem is the position of this Forum concerning the Unicorn Corral. No matter the subject matter, people feel free to lambast ANY poster's contribution. If one is early in the build, there is no leeway to continue the exploration weather it is a successful one or ultimately a dead end. Consequently, NOTHING is answered.

Truthfully, soulcrusher came in swinging and bullying. And people responded in kind. The problem is, there is no punishment for those that willfully and continuously flood a thread with nothing other than off topic remarks and assaults. I know, I was one of them. The problem is in the keyboard. Hiding behind it, zealots find more zeal, vigilantes find more vigor and bullies find power. I spend time on several forums that require a name, a business or professional standing or a license. It is good networking even if discussions are heated as decorum is absolute since you represent yourself and your business. Even less open forums still require you to state your profession, and if you are unable to effectively contribute to a discussion, you can expect a PM from the moderators asking why you are befuddled by iron allotropes while posting on a material science forum. I know, two semesters of material science does not make me an expert.

However, in an open forum such as Ecomodder, EVERYONE is an expert. And topics that reside in the Corral seem to attract these so called experts.

However, in an open forum such as Ecomodder, everyone IS an expert - within certain boundaries. The problem is, in the Corral, many people overstep their boundaries.

The original question posted by the OP? What was the answer? It's all lost in the cloud of derision and heavy handed criticism.

Last edited by RustyLugNut; 08-29-2014 at 02:25 AM.. Reason: Spelling.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RustyLugNut For This Useful Post:
Cobb (08-29-2014), jeff88 (08-30-2014), pgfpro (08-29-2014)