View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 05:43 PM   #68 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
"Long" distance operator

I drove with the stinger for the first time today.
With the nose extension,boat tail,and stinger she comes in at 263-inches,21.9-ft (6680mm/6.68 meters).It's looooooooooooooooong! Fachsenfeld's 1934 inflatable tail is gonna be the way to go as far as 'practical' length issues go.
I drove up to 60-mph on the way from the house.It's a little windy today and she felt okay.
I'll pick up supplies while in town and keep chipping away at it.I was up at 3:00 AM,couldn't sleep,so turned 'shop' lights on and worked quietly for a few hours.
Al finished printing the graphics package yesterday.I borrowed Charles Lindbergh's Ryan Flyer artwork and did my best with the EcoModder.com logo.
I'll have the NO DRAG sticker and I also made a aeroT100 decal from a Ford Aerostar van badge and T100 badge.
She's still 'rough' looking and very amateur.I'll take some supplies on the road and work on her at campsites as I work myself west.
I want to thank each and every member who's chipped in on this endeavor.I've passed on work for 3-months to have the time to get the truck ready and the 'adventure' capital is a big help.
Let this be the beginning of a resource for future tunnel-goers.I'd be tickled to help send as many members to a tunnel as are willing to go.
bondo (08-29-2014), MetroMPG (08-29-2014), RedDevil (08-29-2014)