View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
metroschultz
Master EcoModder

CPT SLO - '93 GEO Metro plainjane
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

SilverHairBeauty - '01 Toyota Avalon XL
90 day: 24.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to metroschultz
Lightbulb yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonsfirstlaw View Post
After a while you start looking behind you to see if you can coast your car to a near stop at the top of a big hill, without other people honking at you.

There is this one big hill with lights and a train crossing at the bottom that I am considering pulling over at the top of when I see that the way is blocked.

There is not much traffic with me on my ride home @2: am. As I coast to my off ramp I have found myself setting a further and further goal for my eoc. There is a slight rise before the ramp and a 20% grade after. I used to eoc at the sign for the exit, now Ive backed it all the way to the sign for the restaurants @ the exit. Still I have 25 mph forward momentum at the crest. On the rare occasions when someone is exiting with me, luckily, there are two lanes and he can use the other one. tonight I will measure just how far is my eoc in terms of shear distance. I am sure with the right conditions I could eoc at the end of the exit (entrance?) before mine.
more fun to come. S.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
Albert Einstein