View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 05:58 PM   #1076 (permalink)
e*clipse
Permanent Apprentice

So far I've found two chips that could do the job. Neither of them are cheap.

1) Tamagawa AU6802N1 "Smartcoder" resolver to digital
2) Analog Devices AD2S1210 10-bit R/D converter with reference oscillator

Both are made for vehicle reliability and temperature ranges

I guess either method will require a small daughter board. Both IC's are high pin count (48) surface mount chips that will require a bit of support circuitry. Making a sine wave generator and envelope filter will require a bunch of analog stuff.

I've gotten most of the way through a envelope filter and sine wave generator, if you'd like.

Other than UPS, can you think of a cheap method of shipping a 100lb thingeee?

E*clipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Yes, it sure did. I read through the PDF you posted, and see what you mean about the sin and cos envelope. I'm not sure of how to extract the peaks. I was reading up on that, and it seems non-trivial. I think that resolver to encoder chip sounds like a good idea. The board could be really little and cheap. I would very much appreciate borrowing one of those MGRs. It wouldn't need to be this week or next week, as I would have to make a board to deal with the resolver issue. Can you calculate what shipping would be?

OK! I searched for the resolver to encoder chip, and I can't find your link or p/n anywhere. Could you repost it?

edit: I found an envelope detector which seems simple. It involves a capacitor though. Care would have to be taken so that it doesn't cause too much lag in the detection.

edit again: It could be made to work, but the chip would be better.
The Following User Says Thank You to e*clipse For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (09-02-2014)