View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 08:43 PM   #1079 (permalink)
e*clipse
Permanent Apprentice

Smile

Well, um... I don't know if it's that good. I've put it on a back burner; I'll need to revive things and remind myself what I was doing.

One thing you may notice from the DIYEV thread is how just about every 'Yota hybrid uses these things. They're really simple and robust - to me that's a nice reason to use the technology. Oh, it's also well proven on CNC equipment.

One thing that may be helpful is to get you something that plugs into the encoder ports. This thing would put out a sine wave and (with a pair of envelope filters, return a sine and cosine wave that have a center of 2.5V and minimum of 0 (or 0.5V) and a maximum of 5V (or 4.5V) - thus the signal would be very similar to those Honeywell rotary position sensors. I could prolly make a quick n' dirty proto board thing that can be cleaned up later into the daughter board we're talking about.

I can focus on that without getting too distracted with the code necessary to determine position from the AtoD conversion numbers. If for some reason I get ahead of schedule, I can work on some PIC code that may be useful.

Um, I did check shipping costs on a motor, and UPS is one of the best options at about $100. I'm wondering if there is a Pick n' Pull in the Phoenix area that has a Highlander Hybrid or Lexus RX400h??

- E*clipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
Wow e*clipse, I didn't know you had been so busy solving that problem. Whatever you think is best sounds good to me. I'm going to check out jddcircuit too. Thanks, z_power!
The Following User Says Thank You to e*clipse For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (09-02-2014)