View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 05:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 47.72 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
... by preventing any honest inquiry into subjects such as HHO, vapor carbs or plasma ignition ... you NEVER get to an answer you can point to as reference ...
This is an open forum. If you feel anyone is so disrespectful as to prevent an honest inquiry into anything fuel efficiency related, flag that post. Use the triangle.

I was interested in HHO, as I saw potential in using it as a temporary boost device as well as load spreading.
So I did my own honest inquiry into the subject, and read whatever anyone brought up on the subject.

I was deeply disappointed in the lack of basics that the HHO advocates display. The fact that it takes much more energy to generate HHO than burning it can ever give back is ignored by all, or waylayed by stating that even a tiny amount of HHO would improve the efficiency by a large amount, without any proof.
That a modern fuel injected engine typically burns its fuel almost completely, and that the low efficiency of a gas engine is mostly due to the adiabatic expansion in the power stroke, whether the mixture contains HHO or not, shows those claims exceed the technical limits, hence they can not be true.

Those vapor carbs work. Point. The modern fuel injection system, coupled to a good oxygen sensor and a smart ECU can easily compensate by adjusting the amount of injected fuel as long as you avoid open loop mode.
It even allows you to mix in something other than proper gasoline, like propane gas. If you can get that cheaper than gasoline it is easy to see how that can save you some.

The problem there is danger. Some vapor carb installations have exploded, causing damage to the vehicle and lots of bad media exposure. To the point that I can't tell my colleagues I'm into fuel saving without somebody asking if I want to blow up my car.
Obviously a working vapor carb setup needs a professional approach, more than most of us can achieve in our sheds.

Your post is the first time I consciously read about plasma ignition. It might well be able to ignite more fuel than a spark plug, or faster, better controlled or whatever. I'll pass on that.

Now there have been some surprises in the worlds of physics that seemed to defeat common sense and knowledge at the time. If you can prove it works it works, even if theory says it can't.

But you need proof.
All I see is words. Allegations, accusations, hints, but no facts, no controllable data.
T Vago presents his test results and you deny them. Why? Did he not test it right? How, then?
Do you expect anyone to believe what you write without proof while you deny the data of others?

Of course it is hard to find the truth.
I hardly take anything I read for true unless I really trust the knowledge and experience of the provider, and even then I like to know how that wisdom was derived.

When I read your posts I cannot verify your claims. I miss the information I need to prove or disprove it. All I get is bags of lines that circumvent the subject.

Getting emotional makes it worse.
I cannot escape the feeling that you are trying to take revenge on T Vago.
I don't like that. You lose my sympathy doing that, and my patience to sift through all your lengthy posts.

Now I can't blame you for making lengthy posts in a lenghty post
but I felt I had a lot to say and want to do it all and be done with it, so here goes.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 09-04-2014 at 05:41 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RedDevil For This Useful Post:
ChazInMT (09-05-2014), deejaaa (09-05-2014), t vago (09-04-2014)