View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 11:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
2000mustang fan
EcoModding Lurker

SilverStang - '00 Ford Mustang
90 day: 22.23 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gascort View Post
Ditto on the 35 mpg max. My '95 V8 is pretty aero, and it got ~24 max on the highway. It is very hard to get that car to react to driving and other FE mods. I got between 19 and 21 combined pretty much all the time, even when using EOC and lots of coasting.
Well It might take a while until I improve I ordered y scangauge II and It's on its way. I don't know If i can EOC without damaging my tranny it AUTOMATIC so I guess I can only "pulse n glide" but it really depends if I can even get these mods to work as I intend. I might think about weight reduction kits any Ideas of as to what I can remove from my car.
Everything is out of the trunk except jack and tire.
I can't delete the rear seats cause it's almost always 2+ people in the car.
What kind of Tires are Low rolling resistance but not too expensive?
I have Toyo Proxes 4 right now and they are almost at the end of their life they have maybe another 3months left on them.
Would changing the drive shaft and relpacing the stock rear differential gears to 2.73 make any fuel economy diffference.

IF all else fails the Mustang will be for joyriding and I save up to get a an old Civic or Geo Anyone know where i can get one that runs for under $1200