View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #1084 (permalink)
e*clipse
Permanent Apprentice

First, I'd just like to say how impressed I am that you are that bilingual. I learned assembly a while ago and moved on as fast as I could. I can still sort of understand it, but translating back n forth

Also, I got all my notes and proto boards together from that effort to make a resolver smoother a year ago. It's basically a collection of mostly cmos op-amps for filtering with a power op-amp and an digitally controlled analog switch.

The most expensive components are the power op-amp (which has gone obsolete ) and the analog switche. Right now, the components will be sub $10. in quantities of 1. However, it might be worth it to go for the "automotive grade" (mostly temperature) components - Thoughts?

Also, the circuit needs +/- 15V supply to power the output for the resolver. Are there any built-in power resources like that? Suggestions?

Also, I'm going to be designing a daughter board for it over the weekend.
From an interface perspective, I will make a bottom 5-pin connection that will work with the QEI pinout. The input for the daughter board will be similar to the QEI connector, except it will need power. (see above) I'm trying to make a small board that will sit over the main Ucontroller and plug into the QEI interface.

Ok, sorry to load you up with more questions (work)

Also, while going through my FOC and resolver notes from a year ago, I found something that may be helpful. I noticed in the notes, that really, the absolute angle was not used, only sin(angle) or cos(angle). It further occured to me that the resolver's output IS sin(angle) and cos(angle). Why go through the extra calculations of converting to an absolute angle and then convert back (usually through look-up tables) when the numbers may be useful directly?

Hope some of this helps...
- E*clipse
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to e*clipse For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (09-05-2014), mpgmike (01-31-2022)