View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
mechman600
Master EcoModder

Fusion - '16 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
Well, it's official. The Electric Booger won't sell. I'm down to $1999 and I get about one email per week with a classic Craigslist no-show. Two people have viewed it and loved it and in the end have said, "wow…that looked easy to convert. I think I will build my own."

Good luck with that in your 2 bedroom condo.

So I will start parting out the Booger soon. I can probably sell batteries to my commercial truck clients. AGMs work great in heavy haul trucks - especially with the fridges and other parasitics that they have. eBay the rest? The scrap guys will take the glider away for free.

In the mean time I have been given orders to buy a "real car", as my wife put it. Something I can chuck the kids in and actually go somewhere.

I am now on the hunt for a half decent 96-00 Civic Si (the Canadian version, otherwise known as the EX in the US of A). The one with the D16Y8 SOHC VTEC. I drove one yesterday at a shady used car lot. 204K km (127K miles). Confirmed that this is what I want. It has issues - missing rear speakers (easy), A/C blows warm (probably easy), ginormous rims with uber racing rubber (really? Did they have to?) - but I can probably scoop it up for $2200. I will look at a couple more before pulling the proverbial trigger.