View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 03:09 AM   #79 (permalink)
userdoubleo
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard View Post
Greetings,

I'm pretty sure that with a Cd of 0.19 that they put a very smooth belly pan on it...

Notice the lack of mirrors. It has rear view cameras, like the Aptera.

I've already mentioned the very trick flush door handles.

They copied the structure from the boxfish -- it is quite strong and stiff, and they claim it is 30% lighter than it would be with a standard structure. Mercedes invented the crumple zone -- I think they can handle the safety design; if they haven't already.

I think that if it is put into production, it would have to lose some of the glass; on the roof, in particular.
I stand corrected. I guess it is a good car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanidiot25 View Post
Difference is, the Aerocivic is not a practical car by any means for a normal consumer. You think folks have trouble now with blind spots and parking, imagine havin the boat tail like that on board.
Now you could have it covered with see-through plastic / glass. Ive been in plenty of cars even longer. The only thing I would think is bad is that parallel parking would be less than happy. However for long commuters, they usually get parking lots at their jobs. I do see it as a problem for some, but it wont be an "everyone" car; its not a "peoples car", its an "eco-car". Better mileage has trade-offs. That's why I said 1.9, it gives plenty of room for non-boattail cars, just look at that Mercedes-Benz thing, no boat-tail and 1.9 Cd.