View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 03:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
jttriesch
EcoModding Lurker

Just bought 92 Civic vx with bog problems

Hey guys, thought Id get into the world of hypermiling, and came across a 92 vx in a junkyard with a clean title and 149000 miles on the odometer. I bought it with a bad tranny and clutch, so my friend (who is a honda guy) and I put in a working transmission, new clutch, new rear main seal, one new axle, and a lightened 7 lb flywheel.

My friend talked me into putting on the light flywheel, but after some research it seems pointless. driving 55-60 mph after the swap, I got 44, then 38, 33, 29 and then 26. Something is going terribly wrong and its driving me nuts. My check engine light came on after a day of driving and turned off before I could check the code. It hasnt come back on since, but I havent been driving much.

The biggest problem is the car is bogging out every time I give it throttle from 1800 rpm to 3300, roughly. It was doing this even with the bad transmission in it before.

My friend thinks it could be a dirty or clogged egr valve. Maybe an O2 sensor? Any help is appreciated!

Jeff