View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 10:43 AM   #31 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant-53 View Post
If a rear suspension is not feasible at least put some type of springing under your seat.
I am trying to just get this thing together and on the road right now. Hopefully I can get everything pretty well dialed in and tested, and rock some spray paint until it's finalized enough to go to the powder coater. If I find it really needs suspension, I'll work on that when the time comes. "Steel is real." Until then, KISS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant-53 View Post
If the 65T chain ring is too big for the frame a smaller gear on the hub could let you use a smaller chain ring and get the same ratio. Either 42/13T or 52/16T will be the same ratio and should be readily available.
I can't go any smaller on the hub. It came stock with a 23T but I put a 20T on it. The chainring is probably 10mm larger in diameter than the hub part it mounts onto. Worst comes to worst, I may be able to build a roundabout chainstay to avoid the mess, or even heavily gusset the lower stay. There should be some way to get around it.

All in all, if this thing is some kind of unrideable or unbuildable disaster, I can always revise the plans, reuse the parts and build a LWB, RWD version.

PS- Wheel building tonight to get the mtb back on the trails. Then maybe some time to work on the bent? Hah. So many projects.

Last edited by Sven7; 09-09-2014 at 10:52 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Sven7 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (10-04-2014)