View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 01:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Chrysler kid
5 pin sensor

Zippy - '96 Honda Civic Hx
Team Honda
90 day: 40.77 mpg (US)

Boring - '11 Ford Fusion Sel
90 day: 21.88 mpg (US)
1996 civic hx restoration build

Hello thought I created an account here in 2012 however I believe I never posted and it was deleted.

Anywhoo I have always been a car guy starting working on a DSM when I was in high school progressing into muscle cars and then into family cars

I've had my built camaro for about 10 years but its a bit much for the hot Texas summers, I was still averaging 18mpg all city driving and 26 highway on factory tires and wheels (considerably less with my regular drag radials)

I have a family vehicle which is a 2011 fusion but it was a bit boring. I have always loved fixing up cars and wanted a cheap 5 speed civic to play with and daily drive. I happened upon a 1998 civic hx about 3 years ago and fell in love with the gas mileage game. I sold the vehicle after a relative basically gave me double what I paid for the car

Anyways I recently was able to acquire another civic hx. Again not looking for one but they just happen to fall into my lap. My newest is my 1996 civic hx with 294k miles. The interior and exterior were very well kept, however the previous owner had to have the transmission replaced at 250k miles with a JDM d15b LSD transmission. Its quite the change from my last hx and makes the car very peppy even below my shift point at 2500 rpm.

My commute is all city driving. With my Michelin tires at 35psi my first tank was 34.3 mpg which is spot on against my old hx which had its tall gearing.

I look forward to being an active member and plan to add a vacuum gauge, and tap the secondary voltage reference wire from the post cat o2 sensor to monitor when the car goes into lean burn. I figure a cheap voltmeter gauge can show me 0 Volts when in lean burn

No mpguino but I do have an obd2 datalogger handy for long drives

My civic thread

Last edited by Chrysler kid; 09-19-2014 at 02:16 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Chrysler kid For This Useful Post:
The donkey CRX (09-15-2014)