View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 05:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
DarkXoa
Modder status:Noob Saibot

The Aquajet - '95 Saturn SL1
Team Saturn
90 day: 40 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanspif View Post
Welcome! I'm getting above 40mpg in my 95 sl2 so you'll be able to do better than what you have once you learn a little more. Does your car have the air dam under the front for cooling? Mine didn't so I added it and taped over the entire front end and have been able to get about 2 more mpg. I've been dreaming up an adjustable hot air intake but that will never happen as I've just picked up a new car and the Saturn isn't going to be in my stable much longer. There are "hacks" to the IAT and MAP sensors you can read up on on saturnfans.com posted by member DIYguy. Plus arcosine on this site has a heavily aero modded sl1.

Join team Saturn! We'd love to have you :-)
I'm definately learning a lot, although I'm also fairly confident that if I was back in Georgia, I could already be getting 45 or more; considering warmer weather, flatter terrain, and the fact that I already know my old Sl1 could get 42 there with no mods and less eco-driving tricks.
My car does not have the air dam, but I was planning to do a grille block anyways, and figured that with all the open space, I'd need to fab at least a partial belly pan for this to be effective.
Definately gonna look into those hacks and the aero Sl1 as well. Thanks for the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
That's quite the Saturn intro.

My sister's first car was the sport version of the original sedan (SL2?). I'm curious about the base manual car, but have never driven one.

Welcome to the forum!
Sl2 would be correct with the L indicating sedan and the 2 indicating DOHC and possibly a turbocharger. I actually know a lot about the S series cars, so if youve got questions, feel free to fire them off. If theres something I don't know, then I guarantee you I can find out. :D