View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Two weeks ago, this young man was in a bind and this young lady got out of bed at midnight, got dressed, picked him up, took him to the E.R., tried to get him Power Ade, took him to Deny's, and then took him home at 4am.

In three days, I will delete everything up to this point.

My friend called me two days ago, I messaged her back, but never read her response.

Her car died. When I finally learned that, I picked her up, took her to her car, and even thoughher Civic is ten years older than mine, I used the troubleshooting section from my repair manual to not accomplish anything.

Her battery was dead, but I could not jump it. I finally convinced her to allow me to tow her the short distance to Autozone and I swapped batteries so she could use her flashers. Then I used her car to jump mine.

Towing her was aggravating, but we made it without her rear-ending me. The gentleman at Autozone did some troubleshooting and told me to remove the distributor cap. It was cracked, the compnents were worn out, and oil covered everything. I tried cleaning up the oil and the screw holding the rotor fell out.

Screws are supposed to require screwdrivers, right? Not shop towels?

My friend paid $28 for a new cap and rotor and the gentleman installed them. He said there was a bad o-ring between the engine and the distributor, which required a great deal of effort to replace.

Exactly how much effort? How long before oil ruins the new one?
Great amount of effort my ass, it took me 10-15 mins to pull my dizzy off and replace the O - ring on my 97 HX.

[Edit]: Is that you in the picture?

Last edited by Baltothewolf; 09-13-2014 at 11:54 PM..