View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Chrysler kid
5 pin sensor

Zippy - '96 Honda Civic Hx
Team Honda
90 day: 40.77 mpg (US)

Boring - '11 Ford Fusion Sel
90 day: 21.88 mpg (US)
With the black car I'm going to be building on a budget. Wife was against this build because I basically had to jump on the deal without telling her

So I immediately texted the owned to see what sort of dented primered abomination he was selling. I was shocked to see this pic.

So being that the owner was less than 5 miles away from my home I purchased the car after confirming the ac worked and the engine was in good shape. The car feels extremely strong compared to my old hx, its possible the silver car had weak compression as I would never get over 36 mpg mixed driving and felt like a dog

Owner gave me a folder of receipts which in unfortunately included a receipt for a low mileage s40 d15b transmission from JDM direct imports motors. However with my commute being only city driving I have found the shorter gearing to help acceleration while still keeping the car under 2300 rpm

I would like a stock intake, the car currently has an aftermarket intake on it

Here it is, sketchy guy I bought it from was strange. I knew he wasn't telling me something but I knew it had a salvage title from light hail damage on the hood and roof. The check engine light was on but the car ran fine besides having 293k miles which were documented with receipts for timing belt and water pump and a JDM d15 trans from that place in Richardson.

Anyways first task was to re align the bumpers. The back was covered in duct tape to hide a crack.

Not bad you say. Well after taking bumper off I found this

Soo there's not much I can do about that however everything on the trunk and bumper still line up. Using picture frame wire I was able to mend the cracked bumper. Came out very well except for a spot that is missing

This time I opted to re do the factory lights instead of buying new ones on amazon. They came out very well done and I was shocked at how far the lenses came back with a polish

And this is how she sits now cleaned up. I want window visors, front lip and fog lights

I love hx's but this one is pretty special with how immaculate the interior is and how straight and mechanically sound for 293 k miles.

The JDM d15b trans makes the car peppy but I do miss the long gear set my last hx had. The hx trans has a super tall gearing and it use to be a game to shift before VTEC at 2200

My civic thread

Last edited by Chrysler kid; 09-14-2014 at 12:49 PM..