View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 04:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
I just got back from a 300 mile round trip to Mt. Rainier and averaged 34MPG. That includes traveling at 75mph on I-5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCrown9701 View Post
Thanks for posting!
What type of maintenance have you done during your ownership?
It's still my parents car, but since it's been in my care I have replaced the rear trailing arms that control toe. The bushings had worn out and the rear wheels had play. I also replaced a cracked motor mount. Last week I fixed a massive coolant leak caused by a hole in one of the bypass hoses. The parts store couldn't find the right part, so I just used fuel line of the right diameter and fixed it for under $1. While searching for the coolant leak, I heard an intake leak and replaced the air intake hose. The car lived half it's life in SoCal, and that caused much of the rubber to fail. My parents previously owned a 1996 Camry that didn't have any of these parts fail, likely because it lived in Oregon and wasn't subject to the sun and heat.

The car had a p0401 code that was resolved by replacing one of the vacuum switching valves.

At around 200k miles, I replaced all 4 struts for my parents as the suspension was very wallowy. I've put maybe $400 into the car, and my parents have replaced the timing belt twice after snapping it.

Quote:
Have you noticed better FE while coasting in Neutral versus using DFCO?
Neutral has worse FE than using DFCO, but if I'm not planning to come to a stop or slow down, then I shift to neutral to extend out the distance I can coast.

Quote:
How about shutting off at stoplights?
I don't do this since I don't want to wear out an already old starter, and I want to be ready to move once the light turns green. I just want the car to go another year without problems before I sell it and buy my wife a Prius.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
SilverCrown9701 (09-15-2014)