View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 10:22 PM   #73 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlvs2run View Post
How did you wire them together, and why do you feel the fan control circuit had an issue?
I simply wired the fans in parallel using wiring taps, and it solved the problem. It seemed that by the time the radiator fan came on it was too little, too late. My "cure" was obviously not the correct solution for the problem, but it worked. Everything else checked out in the cooling system, so it wasn't a mechanical or hydro problem. The temps only went too high when under severe load or in very hot weather. The only thing I didn't diagnose fully was the fan circuit and the sensor controlling it.
Quote:
I don't use a/c, but could use the fan on long hills. I'm thinking to take the a/c out and see if the extra space helps the engine keep cool.
No - "extra space" won't cure anything, but activating and running both fans on a radiator cools things down faster than one fan can.

I kept the A/C, and that still worked, too. There were days when the A/C was needed, to defog the windshield and occasionally to keep me cool in summer. As long as the A/C is still working, why tear it out?
The Following User Says Thank You to XYZ For This Useful Post:
j12piprius (09-14-2014)