Thread: Career options
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 10:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
BobS
diesel doer

Xist
In the grad schools I attended the rule was "2 C's and you are out!" Usually, getting the first C caused so much worry that the recipient invariably got a second one, and out.

HVAC is just refrigeration in disguise - a compressor squashes the molecules together, making them heat up, the following coils dissipate the heat, the molecules are sent into a lower pressure coil where expansion gets them further apart thus cooler and there you are. If I were you, I would go and buy the textbooks for the two year HVAC course and read then outline each book. When you have questions, go to an AC repair shop and ask them. When they see that you are interested, they might offer you a job.

Another possible, labor unions - Electricians, etc. They pay their apprentices while they get on-the-job experience.

But if you have 2 degrees, you have proved that you are educable and that is sufficient in many corporations - particularly those with management training programs. ?

AND, stay away from student loans - you miss a couple of payments as in it takes you a while to get a job in the field that you studied, they will tag you with an upfront 18% collection fee on every payment that you send them for the entire time it takes to pay back the loan. And if you want to pay it off in its entirety, you will pay 118% of the total owed. Don't do it.

Or go see a guidance counselor at the college you attended, get some tests such as an interest inventory and some help in deciding a future path. Good Luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to BobS For This Useful Post:
Xist (09-14-2014)