View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 09:16 AM   #56 (permalink)
OG VX
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
I wasn't saying I thought 4watts was bad. I was gonna go run and buy a set if they were 4watts and actually giving off good light. Three years ago, when I bought my HID system, there were no plug-n-play LED systems. My HIDs draw 35 watts, IIRC. Whenever I see new LEDs on the market, I like to compare. Twenty watts is a big step down from my 35 watts, but maybe I'll wait and see what else comes along some time. The lower wattage is good for battery power, especially in the winter when lights are on a lot more. I run with my alternator off as much as possible, charging from the grid at home and at work.

BTW, how are your LEDs wired into the harness? One of the things i really don't like about the HID is that the wiring comes straight from the battery terminals. There is an inline fuse, but it looks uglier.

Thanks for info...
No worries, I knew what you meant. I'm still learning about all of these halogen-to-LED wattage conversions myself.

They are drawing 30W, I believe, if I understood the seller correctly.

However, I do need to get some higher fuses in the fuse block. I'm hoping a 30A fuse will be enough. But man, that seems so high. Wonder why they are drawing so much power for a (supposed) power-saving bulb?

If they continue to have issues after 30A fuses are installed, I'm sending them back.

I can't STAND flickering/inconsistent HID's, which is why I went for these. So far, I'm not very happy with their (lack of) consistency. I'm too old for this drama, ha!
The Following User Says Thank You to OG VX For This Useful Post:
user removed (11-09-2014)