View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 07:39 AM   #86 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
Oh the radiator was definitely part of the problem, I had my little bro cover up the upper radiator hose thingy and I put a hose in the top so water had to go out the bottom hose (this was with the radiator out) and water flow was really low when comparing it to the new one.

The fans come on at 206 I already tested it multiple times.

I have a ton of coolant laying around so I'm gonna bleed again here in a little bit. If that doesn't work I'm gonna pull the water pump off and inspect it.
I don't think the water pump is your problem. Before the impeller, which moves the coolant, would be damaged, the shaft bearings would have to be basically falling apart and the pump would be dumping coolant out past the seal which would be destroyed by the shaft wobbling and the bearings would be making an ungodly racket.

If your peak coolant temps are 224 then I would not let that really bother me unless the temp gauge was moving outside the operating range, especially in ambient temps close to 100 degrees.

I would consider running the car without the thermostat just long enough to see what difference that made in the operating temperature. My factory thermostat was 76.5 Centigrade marked which is 170 Farenheit, and that is exactly the middle of the temperature gauge.

My prime suspect would be the thermostat. I know you tested it but it might not be opening enough at maximum.

regards
Mech
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
Baltothewolf (09-21-2014)