View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 09:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
I was pulled over in the Anal Probe twice for no reason. One was during the dazzle camo phase late at night on the way home from a Woodward Ave car meet. The other was in the UFO/boat tail phase late at night on the way home from god-knows-what south of Bayport, MN.

To my memory neither time did the cop mention anything specifically wrong with the vehicle. The first time I was pulled over because the cop had been tailing me for a mile or more and I turned down a residential street in an attempt to get him off my tail. THAT DOES NOT WORK. But honestly, the car was an attention magnet either way and had I kept it I know I would have been pulled over more.

The only time I got pulled over in my Civic was at a speed trap at 4:50am on a Saturday when I was going to work. Admittedly I was "having a little fun", so it wasn't profiling based on the car.

I'd say, if you can't afford the Focus in cash, keep your Civic. As far as keeping the cops off your butt, all I can say is make your car as stock as possible, including (esp. for a Honda) exhaust note.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sven7 For This Useful Post:
Xist (09-16-2014)