View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 04:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Thanks, guys. Unfortunately, I was cited, multiple times, and needed to hire a lawyer, so while Balto bought an Insight, I am paying for all of this, and I really wonder if I will ever recover my money through hypermiling.

It looks like long-term, I would have saved money getting into debt, purchasing a Prius, driving eighty, and paying the occasional speeding ticket.

Maybe I could have avoided most of this had I bought one of these:

Amazon.com: LUKAS LK-7900 ACE 8GB + GPS : Full HD(1080p@30fps) Dash Cam Video DVR GPS Recorder Black Box: Automotive

I looked at some different ones. Garmin even makes dash cams, but only the Lukas is rated for Arizona summers.

There were many more responses while I wrote the above. I had been /thanking everyone for their feedback, but I do not know if there is some /thanking limit or what, I do not have the option anymore, but it offers to remove my thanks for previous responses!

Thanks XYZ, JamesQF, Tvbd, WhatMayCome, and Red Devil. My only odd modifications are the grill block and air dam, which are black, like the car, and the power steering delete. Kids are notorious for wanting to race Civics, though, but since mine is stock, it should not matter, and the issue here is how I drive, which is radically different than those kids.

Apparently, I need to stop being poor, although I was followed twice while in a suit, and I look good in a suit! It was the second time, ten years later, that I had all of the problems.

I had my hands on the steering wheel, but did not think to put my keys on the dash.

Last edited by Xist; 09-16-2014 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: Update.