View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 10:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Remember the old Japanese saying: "The nail that sticks up gets hammered down".
It's Asian, but I thought it was Chinese... Either way, it certainly reflects a cultural mentality of enforced conformity. It's one that is anti-individualistic and readily embracing of authoritarianism and a police state.
Quote:
Many, if not most, cops are bullies by nature - that's why police work appeals to them. For obvious reasons, bullies prefer to pick on those weaker than they are, which in the cop world translates to young and poor.
Actually most cops are merely suspicious by nature and are obviously in a job that is all about having a position of power and authority. They tend to look for anything that might be wrong, illegal or irregular, and they see such things as a potential threat to themselves and to society at large. So they look for irregularities, and stop and question those who are irregular.

So I do agree with you that the best way to avoid this is to keep a low profile. And stay out of the state of Virginia. The continued anecdotes from those who live there tend to reinforce my view that it is a Police State with weird traffic laws.
The Following User Says Thank You to XYZ For This Useful Post:
Fat Charlie (09-17-2014)