View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
broski499
EcoModding Apprentice

Boltar - '19 Chevy Bolt LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vskid3 View Post
I don't think the SG-II is really worth the expense if you already have the UG. The UG will do fine for day-to-day use. The SG-II is much better for diagnosing problems with hybrids, though.

There are some helpful videos on Youtube with Prius MPG tips. The ones featuring Gen3 Prii will have different instrumentation, but the concepts are the same.

What PSI are the tires at? Are they LRR? How long are most of your trips?

I have LRR tires pumped to the sidewall max of 51PSI. Most of my trips are less than 15-20 minutes, but with a little technique, I can pretty easily beat the EPA ratings while blasting the AC. I personally believe that brisk acceleration (usually at least what the rest of traffic is doing) is best in a Prius, provided you're not accelerating right before needing to stop.
I'll have to check on what kind of tires on on them, the do have the green caps which I believe means they are filled with nitrogen. My trips are around 8 miles to work and back. The area I live in is rather hilly so one way is efficient and the other way is more uphill.

When coming up to a stop is it better to lighly press on the brakes to use the regen part or put the car in B mode. I've read different things about B mode and if it is just a strong regen break or actual engine braking.

Thanks for all the help.