View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
SilverCrown9701
EcoModding Apprentice

SilverCrown - '01 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 35.32 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Space heater in a car?
Put it on the floor so its not blowing scorching hot air against the seat or trim, or in the seat or on the center console run the heater cord out the door through the bottom seam close the door till it clicks, not fully shutting it on the cord.
Be sure the heater is "on".
Then plug the heater cord into an extension cord and toss or kick the junction between the heater and extension under the vehicle to keep water off the connection incase of rain.
Finish by running the extension cord into the house , leaving it by the door or plugging it into an out side outlet on a switch.
When you get up in the morning apply power to the cord.
Then when time to leave unplug the heater put the heater in the back seat or leave it on the passenger side floor. Leave the cord, unless you have crack heads around that will steal an extension cord just for the copper.

Its about as simple as killing a snake with a shovel.

Wow, I'm blonde. I don't know where my mind is today. I don't know why I was thinking that I had to wire a space heater into my vehicle's electrical system