View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 07:18 AM   #170 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
This honestly hurts. If I were ****ing with you guys, or were 'playing' you guys, what would I gain? I thought I was well enough known around here to not be thought of so low, but I guess it doesn't matter. I'm sorry I ever asked for help. I don't think I'll ever be asking again. Or even posting for that matter.
If you never ask or post again, then anyone with something similar going on looses and you loose. Compared to some people I have had to deal with in my former career this "forum confrontation" is amateur hour.

Back to the purpose of this thread, which is to fix your over heating.

Is there a thermostat in the car now? It needs to have a thermostat for you to get your best mileage and for the engine to run properly.

Ass-uming your overheating issue is resolved, remain vigilant, watch the coolant level for any change or loss. Bleed it daily for a week, when hot and under pressure. No more "microbubbles" is your goal, and after there are no more microbubbles, the coolant level (engine dead cold) remains the same for at least a week before this overheating issue is declared FIXED.

The people who I had the most trouble dealing with were those who came in the shop with what I percieved to be a chip on their shoulder, who considered my profession as not worthy of any respect. I understood that their attitude towards me was probably based on their prior experience with shops other than my own and I sometimes get the same perception here.

Maybe quotes should have been used by me in posting that phrase. Maybe people should just ask for clairfication instead of starting a flame war and call people things that they are not.

If there is a perfect unregulated internet, it will be in a place other than this planet.

Maybe Frank Lee will come back and post here, but it is beginning to look doubtful and that is sad.

Stick around balto, these things (problems) take patience and absolute determination to resolve. I misdaignosed your problem and advised you improperly not becasue I am some diabolical, sadist who likes to take you on pathways that are a complete waste of time and money as well as very frustrating. It was only because I did not have all the facts.

This thread demonstrates the IMPORTANCE of all of the information. You did not know better and had no problem posting that. It's much better than with holding the information as many people do, then the same people call the tech an idiot when he does not diagnose the problem properly.

First a pressure test then a visual inspection of the system's operation. It would have taken about 30 minutes max and you might have been ok with the old radiator, but you figured out how to prove, to yourself, the old radiator was probably not up to your temps and grades.

The jury is still out as to whether your ordeal is over. Want to bet that for the rest of your life, you never forget this?

regards
mech
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
Baltothewolf (09-21-2014), nemo (09-21-2014)