View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
pletby
Red Light Avoider

My Civic - '00 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 46 mpg (US)
Battery relocate

Hey guys, I've completed my battery relocate to the trunk and simply deleted the stock battery. I have a question about fuse holders and amperage ratings. I've seen the ANL style and it looks good to me, but what amp rating would give me full power for starting and protection from shorts? I've been searching the site for a few hours and haven't come up with numbers so far. Any thoughts?

A recent fender bender has got me thinking I'd better get on the fuse business asap. If that positive wire had been damaged I'd have a fire for sure.

Positive wire 1gua running through firewall on passenger side, under plastic rocker panel and under plastic interior over rear fender and into trunk. I think I'll put the fuse very close to battery in spare tire well.

You'll notice the trunk floor I just made to replace the original water damaged unit. Hack job I put together the day after my Dad borrowed the jig saw, so I used a skillsaw. It's ugly but under the carpet so I'm not worried. I'll clean up the edges so I won't get a big nasty sliver on a dark road replacing a flat tire.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1889.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	15896