View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 09:44 AM   #25 (permalink)
ksa8907
Master EcoModder

Volt, gas only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 38.02 mpg (US)

Volt, electric only - '12 Chevrolet Volt Premium
90 day: 132.26 mpg (US)

Yukon Denali Hybrid - '12 GMC Yukon Denali Hybrid
90 day: 21.48 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
One thing not mentioned here is reliability.

Honda is known for manufacturing reliable vehicles, and it appears the Ridgeline is no exception.

While I'm not an expert in the reliability of other trucks such as the Ranger or Dakota, I have experience with my own full-size Dodge that every little part likes to break, with the exception of the Cummins engine.

Perhaps people that want a small and reliable pickup choose the Ridgeline, despite the mediocre fuel economy. I'd never get one, but then again, I often wonder what motivated people to purchase 95% of the silly vehicles you find on the road.

The 3.8L V6 in the '87 El Camino only output 110 HP. My 0.6L motorcycle has the same power output.

The 5.0L V8 output 150 HP, compared to the Ridgeline's 3.5L V6 with 250 HP. Which would I rather tow 5,000lbs with?

As you pointed out, it's ridiculous to compare a 30 year old vehicle with a modern one.
I think we all know that obd2 and computer controls boosted hp numbers. Torque is a much more useful spec. I like that honda is using a v6, I just wish thwy would do their own thing and not try to copy the big 3.