View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #51 (permalink)
H-Man
The brake pedal is evil

Denny's Detector - '08 Mercury Grand Marquis

Taserface - '17 Chevy Volt
I was trying to figure out a way to boost human power output on a bicycle by getting rid of thermal limitations, the biker one would be just a fan blowing air through the shirt, it wasn't that far of a jump to something that could be used under something bulky like a bunnysuit for doing electric work in the roof crawlspace in the heat of summer (note: filtration requirement makes this uneconomic.) You can get away with increased temps if you have more airflow. I have my bed with the footboard against the wall so that my ceiling fan set to medium on the wireless control and medium on the pull chain control (gives a speed faster than low but it is just below the threshold of hearing,) so that I can sleep at night. I can't run the window AC due to noise (the thing is leaking R22 I think, the compressor is quite chattery these days.) I then considered that EVA suits have a cooling layer that uses tubes filled with water to dissipate astronaut heat. Then considering that socal sees temperatures above body temp, just a radiator was out of the question. A bong cooler setup won't work well due to spillage, so why not use the dry air as the fluid and the skin as part of the tubes so that the evaporator part is self watering?