View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 07:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cobb
Master EcoModder

Well, it depends on your commute. If I drove in a bubble I would go 45 mph all day, every day and coast to a stop. The a-holes around me drive a 5 ton trucks and suvs, must go 70 in a 45 zone and race each other to the red stop lights.

I too notice on my 500 dollar shopping trips to Sams and walmart that filled the rear of my insight at night or early morning got better mpg, plus it was a rural trip taken at my own pace. Otherwise hauling more lower mpg.

I read through all 30 pages of the Acura diet. WOW..... Cant say I agree with removing the insulation between the firewall and car as Im sure it gets hotter than hell in there. Seems he left the ac and heater functional, so hes likely fighting a loosing battle when he needs he or air in the extreme temps.

Interesting the thing about the TB, spacer, water flow through the tb and use of a cai. Seems if you do not allow coolant to flow through the tb the mpg drops. If you use a spacer between the tb and intake and use a cai you gain performance.

My insight lost 40 lbs with new wheels n tires and it helped. Hes going on another diet like before. Just removed the back seat, amp, cap, sub, sub box and some seat brackets and rear floor mats. Id say 75 lbs, but Im too fat to own a scale that works or reads accurately.