View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 10:24 AM   #17 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtamiyaphile View Post
It's not judgement, just statement of fact.

US EPA estimates 15,000 people a year die due to diesel exhaust every year in the US, 11,000 in the UK and it causes 6% of lung cancer deaths.

Someone being judgmental would work out how many miles/years a diesel owner needs to drive to kill one person.

In the city people 'have to' drive windows up, recycle on (given the black diesel smoke). Even on a cool day a car soon gets hot and the a/c goes on. I hardly ever see a car windows down anymore. That's a lot of fuel being wasted across the fleet, caused by a few people 'saving fuel' in their diesels (the trades vehicles annoy me, but the $200k+ diesels just say "I'd rather kill you than spend a few extra dollars I can easily afford on petrol").

It gets worse as because of diesel popularity, it's now impossible to buy certain types of vehicles in petrol.

As of the 'turbo diesel shove' it's actually the turbo part that's responsible for that. A petrol turbo will push you back in your seat just as well, except unlike a TD a petrol turbo won't run out of shove at 4K rpm.
How many people die due to obesity, drunk driving, lung cancer from smoking, 'mysterious' deaths after getting vaccinated, the list goes on and on yet, the government allows it to continue. I honestly think the mere 15k year is nothing compared to the aforementioned problems. It's all about moneyyyyy and always will be.