View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 12:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Who
UnderModded

Pablo - '07 Hyundai Santa Fe AWD
90 day: 23.62 mpg (US)
An Engine Block Heater in San Jose

We're in the process of doing a staggered move from near Toronto to San Jose. My wife's gonna sell her 2001 5 Speed 4 Door Accord, well actually it's mine but anyway, she wants to get a NAH. Fair enough, and she was nice enough to know that I really like the precision gray. So we figured everything we wanted to get up front like warranty, oil changes and hitch receiver for bikes at the back, mats etc.

Also on the menu was an engine block heater. I had to repeat and explain what it was. They don't need them there he says. Anyway, it's hard enough to convince my wife that the car should be tweaked when driven rather than taken for granted. They're a really nice drive and the Tech package has a NAV and backup cam but more importantly the energy usage log graphs and similar data. Otherwise, you just have a power/regen gauge and you lose your tach, and it's creepy. The engine should be noisier so that you know if it is on or if the tarmac type just changed.

Anyway, why wouldn't other customers be asking about block heaters? They should should be standard in the USA - mandated even. The NAH in Canada that we drover had a block heater as standard equipment.