View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 04:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
I keep my room around 85 degrees. Anything under 70 and I'm freezing my butt off.

For me, I get rid of stuffy by opening a window, regardless of how hot it is outside, and putting a fan in the window. Whenever your wife feels stuffy, open a window and put an extremely high airflow fan in front of it. My mom told me this is how she cures the problem.
My grandparents lived in Hesperia and I remember burning up in their house. I think it's just a high desert thing that you adapt to. When temps are regularly 90-100 degrees, it becomes normal.

Mom has been in Oregon for 35 years, so she should be used to the cold by now. 77 is not acceptable. Old women and their broken thermostats...

Stuffy is entirely mental in my wife's case. We can walk into the house after nobody has been in it for a week, and she will say it's stuffy. It's roughly the same temperature, humidity, and dust count as it always is.

If I could somehow replace the air in the room with outdoor air of the same temperature without her knowing, I'm sure she would still say it's stuffy inside.

She can go outside if that air is what she wants to breath. The inside air stays inside unless we're trying to cool the place down after the summer heat.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!