View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
spacemanspif
Spaced out...

The New Focus - '07 Ford Focus ZX5
90 day: 32.44 mpg (US)
Another Ultragauge thread

I'm considering the ultragauge for my new Focus. I see on the website that the buttons are on the back of the unit and I wanted to ask how much the buttons are actually needed/used in typical operation? Reason I ask is because if I get the UG I think I want to mount it in the driver's side of the center dash vents and it will probably make hitting buttons pretty difficult. I've already decided that if I go with the SG I'll mount it in the radio install kit once I replace the factory radio with a single DIN headunit but want to explore all my options before making a purchase. I haven't measured yet to see if the UG will fit where I think I want it but I'm just exploring options right now. Also, how many people switch gauges between cars? I use a SG in my Monte for the gauge functions and am thinking about buying an extra SG cord ($20 on ebay), calibrating the MPG stuff to the Focus, and swapping the gauge back and forth. Any issues that might come up from me doing this? If it matters, the Focus is 2007 and the computer/engine in the Monte is 2004 Chevrolet.

Google image of my interior, not actually mine but same car:

Thanks,

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 - 91k - SGII, pending upper and lower grill bocks - auto trans
1987 Monte Carlo SS - 5.3/4L80E swap - 13.67 @ 106
2007 Ford Focus Estate - 230k - 33mpg - Retired 4/2018
1995 Saturn SL2 - 256K miles - 44mpg - Retired 9/2014

Cost to Operate Spreadsheet for "The New Focus"