View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
PGFPro,

So, if I strip the paint off of my hood, I can have someone else paint it for what the materials alone would cost me? Is the $461.85 how much the paint would cost me and the $139 is how much your shop would charge to do it?

I honestly think that Maaco would do better than I would, but for just my hood, it would be worth going somewhere professional.

I have not watched any car-flipping shows, I usually do not watch television, but I have seen many house-flipping shows, and they seem similarly unrealistic, I always understood that you always lost money remodeling, you just made the house easier to sell. I tried to purchase a home that had been flipped, it was gorgeous, I just wish that my agent had told me that it was not worth the $94,500 they asked. I offered the same amount, they accepted, and then the valuation came in at $79,000.

"Homes on Homes" got started because Homes complained to show producers about how unrealistic their programs were--contractors worked for reduced rates or for free for television exposure, suppliers did the same with their products, they worked nineteen hours a day to get everything done on time, and they could not possibly have permits and inspections done that fast.

Cost vs. Value 2013 | Phoenix, Arizona | Remodeling keeps track of remodeling done nationwide and the highest rate of return was 98% for replacing the front door with a steel one.