View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 08:57 PM   #35 (permalink)
Chrysler kid
5 pin sensor

Zippy - '96 Honda Civic Hx
Team Honda
90 day: 40.77 mpg (US)

Boring - '11 Ford Fusion Sel
90 day: 21.88 mpg (US)
Took a few pictures of the interior. It cleaned up nicely but was not in bad condition to begin with.

One of my favorite features is the shift light indicator. Before I got this 96 hx I was not aware of this feature. My 1998 hx did not have it and from my readings I thought it was only available on vx models, however it appears the Eco shift light for the sixth gen was only on 96-97 models. It's hard to see but it is a green arrow on the bottom left of the gauge cluster.

The vacuum gauge is actually mounted to the under side of the gauge cluster bezel, so if I ever need to remove it there will be no visible holes

A few of the modifications I forgot to note:
The dimmer switch was faulty, and not repairable. It caused the dash lights not to function. By tapping the power to ground the lights fully illuminate. The dimmer switch was only available on US spec civics. I hollowed the dimmer switch and made it into my fog light switch. (a new oem switch is $80 from Honda, and of questionable status from any junk yard.

I purchased and installed led bulbs for the gauge cluster

I moved the radio to the lower location behind the cup holder to eventually place a triple gauge pod in the slot above the ac controls

Ah the build data, it says dark gray but it has to be the lightest dark gray and bluest gray combo around

My civic thread

Last edited by Chrysler kid; 10-05-2014 at 09:22 PM..