View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 03:31 PM   #1182 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes
Freebeard, you can submit the code anywhere you want. I will even be happy to allow the irs to email me and download it. One concern I have is, are you depending on a boost section being done by me any time soon?
I started working in software development in 1980, by 2004 I had devolved into phone tech support (average call was 15 minutes or less). So I'm a little out of touch, no favors to call in, etc.

I'm depending on me being slower than you. I basically got sucked into this by reading about e*clipse's plan, and having a windfall from selling my VW bus. (That's what Steve Jobs did to bankroll Apple Computer) I'm trying to follow along behind him. e*clipse, not Jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro
I watched the video freebeard linked. Well i got as far as the part where the presenter started talking about filters and using pictures of cars at which point my head decided to invert itself at high velocity. Up to that point it was all making a crazy sort of sense. Paul, you must have a skull of steel to keep all this in there.
Thanks for that. I was hoping to get a 2nd opinion. The next time I watch it, I'll take notes. So far I get that it's an interrupt-driven four step process, that uses forward and backward transforms to switch frames of reference. He could have used an art student's critique on his 'animations'.

Steve Wozniak famously held an entire floppy disk controller in his head at once. Talent like that needs to be protected and gently encouraged.

The sidebar also shows Teaching Old Motors New Tricks - Parts 1 & 2; another 3 hours from TI. I'll try to find the time...
The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (10-08-2014)