View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
MPGomatic
Needs More Duct Tape

Slambo - '99 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 44.21 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_sol View Post
Love the paint and the way the lip blends with the bumper. I always appreciate people that take time to make aero mods look nice.

Elastidip / plastidip ... All the same as long as you can peel it off.

What other mods you have planned?
Thanks for the kind words! If all goes as planned, we'll have a set of full-on aero bumpers that look integrated, rather than slapped on (and hideous).

I've been fiddling with side skirt ideas. Haven't messed with a belly pan yet, but it's on the wish list. I want to create, test, and produce affordable pieces that other Civic owners can use. Curing the rear-bumper parachute problem is key.

In in the interior, we replaced the carpet, adding additional padding to help keep things quiet. The stock granny-style front buckets were swapped out for inexpensive street Sparcos. The shifter is a B&M short-throw with Energy Suspension bushings (best bang for the buck!) and a nifty knob. The head unit is a JVC KW-V20BT with AppLink (review: JVC KW-V20BT Review: Slambo Gets Bluetooth/USB/Pandora/Nav - Ain't Fuelin' - YouTube )

Current suspension mods are a set of eBay lowering springs and front strut brace. We'll be addressing the rear camber issue first, but once I can free up a few bucks, I'd like to go with a more integrated system ... most likely Eibach.