View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #156 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,221 Times in 4,648 Posts
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
Hi Phil

We are good right now but the heavy rain is on the way.

I feel the delta Cd calibrated in the wind tunnel test in October of 2007 at A2 might be a bit erroneous. The cross section of the A2 tunnel is the same size as or even smaller that the Darko tunnel. My 2006 F 150 which the Aerolid was on has a greater frontal area than your truck ("Spirit of Ecomodder").

Due to the small cross section of A2 and the large frontal area of my truck, I feel the delta Cd number may even be better than calibrated. I wish Ford would have shared the delta Cd with me back in August of 2007 when they tested my lid in their wind tunnel in Michigan. The cross section was cavernous!

Hopefully John will get some good mpg numbers with the Aerolid alone and with the combination of the large boat tail on his new F 150. Also, you did one fine job in crafting the "Spirit of Ecomodder". You are as good a craftsman/Engineer as anyone I know.

Bondo
Hey Brett,thanks for the insight.Perhaps one day Ford will find it in the heart to declassify the data.We sure could benefit from it.
Regardless of the numbers,the smoke flow reveals an extremely healthy boundary layer over the Aerolid,and your eye-balling has produced a high bar in cap design.The tail too!
November won't get here soon enough! I'm like a kid waiting on Christmas!
Appreciate your comments on the T-100's build.I do aspire to do some OEM-appearing mods one day.Just like yours!
We're gonna get hit tonight with the storm.Keep your umbrella handy.
bondo (10-12-2014)